How to buy Novolog FlexTouch (insulin aspart) online?
Novolog FlexTouch can be ordered online through 90daymeds.com or by calling 1-800-828-4489 and speaking to customer support. The chat feature can also be used for support. For more information please visit the “How to Order” page on 90daymeds.com.
Is a prescription required?
Yes, a valid prescription from your doctor is required. Novolog FlexTouch is a prescription medication and can only be sold with a prescription. To process your order, you will need to submit a prescription. The prescription can be emailed ([email protected]), faxed (1-800-416-8019), or uploaded. Alternatively, we can reach out to your doctor to attain a valid prescription if you would like.
What is the maximum amount that can be ordered?
A 3-month supply (90 days) is the maximum amount that can be ordered at one time. Refills are kept on file for future orders. The amount that can be ordered will be based on the directions and quantity indicated on the prescription from your provider.
Is it safe to order Novolog FlexTouch (insulin aspart) from 90-Day Meds?
Absolutely. All our partner pharmacies are fully licensed and certified in their respective countries. We ensure that your shopping experience is safe and secure with our Norton Shopping Guarantee. We operate just like your local pharmacy would, with our main priority being to provide you access to safe and affordable prescription medication.
|Average US Retail Price||90-Day Meds Price|
|Novolog FlexTouch 100 units/mL((15 mL (5 pens))||$655.56||$175.00|
How much does Novolog FlexTouch (insulin aspart) cost?
At 90DayMeds.com, we make sure to keep drug prices low. You can view the Novolog FlexTouch Pen cost savings above shows the comparison between the average U.S. retail price and 90-Day Meds price for 5 pens (15 mL) of Novolog FlexTouch 100 units/mL.
What is the lowest price of Novolog FlexTouch Pen per unit?
Lowest Price Per Unit: $9/unit for Novolog FlexTouch 100 units/mL Pens
Is this price for Novolog FlexTouch Pen without insurance?
The prices listed above are not through insurance. Unfortunately, we cannot accept insurance. However, we will give you an official receipt which you can use to apply for reimbursement with your insurance company. We are also unable to adjudicate with US insurance providers.
Why is Novolog FlexTouch Pen cheaper from Canada than from the United States?
Drug prices in Canada are negotiated and regulated. The US is a free market economy which is why the price differs because pharmaceutical suppliers charge what they deem appropriate for the product. As a result, we can offer lower prices to our patients as we utilize medications from these countries.
Sorry, we do not have a NovoLog FlexTouch (Insulin Aspart) coupon at the moment, please check back later.
Yes, Check out the Coupon Section of this page.
Is there a lower cost generic Novolog FlexTouch Pen available?
Novolog FlexTouch Pen is not available as a generic alternative.
How much cheaper is generic Novolog FlexTouch Pen?
There is currently no generic alternative to Novolog.
What is the difference between brand and generic Novolog FlexTouch Pen?
Once available on the market, there will be no difference between generic and brand Novolog. Generic formulations of medications contain the same active ingredients and meet the same quality, strength, and purity standards as the brand formulation.
Is shipping available to the United States?
Yes. An email notification will be sent to you once the item has been shipped. We ship nationwide across the United States.
How much does shipping cost?
There are no shipping fees.
Is express shipping available?
This medication is shipped Express with an estimated delivery time of 3-5 business days. It is packaged in an insulated container with ice and gel packs.
How to refill a prescription?
Refilling your prescription is made easy with 90-Day Meds. You can sign into your online account and view your previous orders and see which prescriptions we have on file. Placing a refill order online is made simple by accessing the reorder section in your account.
You can also call us at 1-800-416-8019 and speak to customer support to place a refill. Our live chat is also a great place to connect with us to place a refill order while you are on the go.
Are prescriptions automatically refilled?
We do not automatically refill prescriptions as there can be cases where you are no longer taking the medication, your doctor has changed your dose, etc. However, we provide a friendly refill reminder service. We will kindly notify you by phone or email as to the best time to place a refill order based on your prescription history.
What is Novolog FlexTouch Pen?
Novolog FlexTouch (insulin aspart) is a prescription medication that is classified as a fast-acting insulin.
What is Novolog used for?
It is used for the treatment of type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How does it work?
It increases cellular uptake of glucose and inhibits hepatic glucose production. It is formulated with aspartic acid substitution which decreases the tendency for hexamers to form which causes it to have a faster absorption and onset of action but also causes it to have a shorter duration of action.
How do I use my Novolog FlexTouch?
Novolog is a fast-acting insulin, which means you will administer this medication with regards to your meals.
Before administering your Novolog, you must wash your hands with water and soap. Check the label to ensure you are going to administer the correct insulin. The insulin should be clear and colorless
- You will first remove the pen cap and clear the rubber stopper with alcohol.
- You will then remove the protective tab from a new disposable needle and attach it onto your pen (tightly). The needle must be put on straight (important). Never place a disposable needle onto your pen until you are ready to administer the medication.
- Then, pull off the big outer needle cap.
- Remove the inner needle cap and dispose of it.
- You will then give an airshot prior to every injection to remove any air that may have collected in the cartridge. Turn the dose selector to 2 units.
- Hold your Novolog FlexTouch with the needle pointing upwards. Gently tap the cartridge with your fingers to move any air bubbles to the top.
- Press the push button all the way down/in, with the needle facing upwards. THe dose selector should return to 0. You should see insulin. If you do not see insulin, change the need and attempt the steps again.
- To select your dose, make sure that the dose indicator is at “0”. You cannot select a dose that is larger than the number of doses left in your pen.
Inject subcutaneously into the thighs, abdomen, arms, or buttock. Injection sites should be rotated within the same region to prevent lipodystrophy or localized cutaneous amyloidosis from occurring. Do not inject into skin with lipodystrophy or localized cutaneous amyloidosis.
What dosages are available?
Novolog FlexTouch is only available as a brand and generic pen-injector (100 units/mL; 3 mL pen).
What is the recommended dosage?
The specific dose differs based on patient needs, refer to your doctor for your dosage requirements.
What is the maximum dosage?
There is currently no maximum recommended daily dose.
What if I miss a dose?
A missed dose could result in hyperglycemia. Some symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain. Check your blood sugar if you have missed a dose. If it has been roughly 30 minutes since the missed dose, administer the missed dose. Do not double doses. If it has been longer than 30 minutes, monitor your blood glucose levels and call your provider.
What should you know before you take Novolog FlexTouch Pen?
Hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia can occur when changing insulin strength.
Hypersensitivity reactions have occurred and can be serious and life-threatening.
Weight gain can occur.
Injection sites need to be rotated to prevent lipodystrophy (skin thickening or pits at injection site) from occurring.
Hypokalemia can occur (risk if higher in intravenous insulin).
What are the side effects of Novolog FlexTouch Pen?
Some common side effects include:
- Severe hypoglycemia
- Antibody development
- Headache, hyporeflexia
- Abdominal pain, nausea
- Nasopharyngitis, viral respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, upper respiratory tract infection, onychomycosis
- Accidental injury
- Chest pain
- Abnormal sensory symptoms
Speak to your doctor for a full list of side effects that apply to you if you are taking Novolog FlexTouch.
Does this medication interact with other drugs, foods, or alcohol?
Avoid use with macimorelin and rosiglitazone (Risk Category X).
This is not a full list of potential drug-drug-interactions. Speak to your doctor if you have any concerns about drug-drug-interactions.
How should this medication be stored?
Unopened and unused Novolog pens should be refrigerated at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). Keep the unopened pen protected from light. Do not freeze. If your Novolog FlexTouch has been frozen, do not use it. Do not use your Novolog FlexTouch if the solution is cloudy.
Unopened/unused pens can be stored in the refrigerator until the expiration date.
After it has been 28 days from opening, dispose of your Novolog FlexTouch even if there is still insulin left in the pen.
After you have opened and started using your Novolog FlexTouch you can keep your pen at room temperature, below 30°C (86°F). Keep your Novolog FlexTouch away from direct sunlight.
- Write down the date when you start (opened and used) your Novolog FlexTouch. Your Novolog FlexTouch should be stored in the refrigerator. If unopened and unused, your Novolog pen can be stored until its expiration date. If you have opened and used your Novolog pen, dispose of it after 28 days even if there is insulin left.
- Do not use your insulin if it is cloudy or has been frozen.
- Signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia can include: sweating, hunger, dizziness/lightheadedness, blurred vision, fast heart beat, shakiness, trouble concentrating/confusion, slurred speech, anxiety, irritability, or mood changes.
- If your blood sugar < 70 mg/dL, that is hypoglycemia. Follow the “Rule of 15” if this occurs:
- Consume 15 grams of carbohydrates, which is about 1⁄2 cup of juice or a tablespoon of sugar, honey, or corn syrup.
- Then, wait 15 minutes and re-check your blood sugar. If it is still < 70 mg/dL, repeat the step again.
- If the second check is > 70 mg/dL, consume a small portion of protein afterwards.
- Be sure to check your blood sugar daily and document the readings.
- Do not inject intramuscularly. It should only be administered subcutaneously.
Is Novolog a long acting insulin?
No. Novolog is a fast-acting insulin.
Are Novolog and Humalog the same?
No. Novolog is insulin aspart while Humalog is insulin lispro. Both are fast-acting insulins.
Does Novolog FlexTouch have to be refrigerated?
Unopened and unused Novolog pens should be refrigerated at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). After you have opened and started using your Novolog FlexTouch you can keep your pen at room temperature, below 30°C (86°F).
Does Novolog FlexTouch cause weight gain?
Yes. Weight gain is a more common side effect of Novolog.
Does Novolog FlexTouch lower blood sugar?